Sonntag, 5. März 2017

Browar Kingpin „Turbo Geezer“ and Cuban Stock “Exquisito Doble Capa”


Browar Kingpin „Turbo Geezer“ 8,3% vol. a Double Irish Espresso Stout from Poland
Cuban Stock “Exquisito Doble Capa”

Color: black
Nose: coffee, roasted malt, very dark chocolate and something I can´t define but nice
First Sip: it´s like the nose, but you taste the alcohol. Although it´s a little creamy. A hint of vanilla and the malty touch with the alcohol reminds me a little on Whisky.
Mouth: creamy, ESPRESSO, very less carbon acid, a little hop I taste now and about very dark chocolate (80%), Whisky. Nice and mellow
At the End: Espresso, dark chocolate, hop. After the first hop moment the very dark chocolate with Espresso takes over with a little malt. Very Nice

Conclusion: This was my first beer from Poland I must say they brew a good beer. This Stout is a little on dry side but very nice. This Stout convinced me with it´s dry touch without being to strong on the hop side, it´s more the Espresso and dark chocolate touch. I also like the malt touch with the alcohol which reminds me a little on Whisky. Yes I liked that beer.

This beer and a cigar? Yes but I would say medium cigar from the second half to full bodied cigars.
On this cigar I just had a little sip and then waited until the last third of the cigar to drink the beer.

Cuban Stock “Exquisito Doble Capa”
I bought a box of this cigar in January 2016 as I was looking for a Arturo Fuente cigar I couldn´t get in Germany. And the shop in the US has this cigar as their house cigar and I liked the description of it – “The Exquisito Doble Capa is a truly unique blend. Aged for eight years in a coffee factory, this medium-bodied smoke is rich and delicious. Its intertwined Connecticut and Maduro wrappers provide a flavor combination of mild chocolate and sweet cream. A favorite to many, the Doble Capa is an absolute joy”
And yes I agree. It starts nice with a tabacco, coffee and sweet creamy flavor. A little into the second part of the cigar I had some cappuccino and some chocolate powder. And the mix of tabacco, coffee and chocolate stays over the whole 1,5 hours of the smoke even at the point as the cigar gets a very little stronger in the last third.
I definitely would buy that cigar again if I have the chance. Even if I like my cigars more on the full-bodied side (let´s say starting at 6 out of 10 up to the end) but this one is that kind of medium bodied cigars I just like.



Browar Kingpin „Turbo Geezer“ 8,3% vol. ein Double Irish Espresso Stout aus Polen
Cuban Stock “Exquisito Doble Capa”

Farbe: Schwarz
Nase: Kaffee, Röstmalz, sehr dunkle Schokolade, da ist noch etwas kann es aber nicht bestimmen.
Antrunk: es ist wie in der Nase allerdings schmeckt man etwas den Alkohol. Trotzdem fast schon cremig. Ein Hauch Vanille und dieser malzige Ton mit dem Alkohol erinnert ganz leicht an Whiskey.
Am Gaumen: Cremig, ESPRESSO, wenig Kohlensäure, etwas Hopfen kommt hinzu, 80% dunkle Schokolade, Whisky. Sehr schön vollmundig. Echt lecker
Abgang: Espresso, dunkle Schokolade, Hopfen. Nach kurzer Zeit verschwindet der Hopfen und es bleibt der Eindruck von sehr dunkler Schokolade in Espresso gepaart mit etwas Malz. Sehr angenehm.

Fazit: Mein erstes Bier aus Polen und ja auch die können tolles Bier brauen wie ich gerade feststellen durfte. Ja es ist ein Stout auf der etwas trockeneren Seite aber es ist hervorragend.
Es überzeugt mich mit seiner herben Note ohne zu viel  Hopfen zu haben denn die Bitternoten erinnern eher an den Espresso und 80% Schokolade wie an Hopfen. Auch sehr witzig finde ich die Malz Note mit dem Alkoholgehalt der mich ein klein wenig an Whisky erinnert. Mir schmeckt das Bier echt sehr gut.

Passt das Bier zur Zigarre? Ja aber erst ab medium Zigarren und da auch erst ab der Hälfte etwa.
Es ist vorher etwas zu Espresso/dunkle Schokolade lasstig. Ich hatte mir nur einen ganz kleinen Schluck eingeschenkt und dann die Flasche wieder verschlossen und gewartet bis ich im letzten Drittel der Zigarre war.

Cuban Stock “Exquisito Doble Capa”
 ich spare mir den deutschen Kommentar zu dieser Zigarre da es sie in Deutschland nicht gibt. Nur so viel sei gesagt, ich finde die echt klasse und bereue den Kauf nicht. Ich hab sie mir von ca. 1,5 Jahren mal in den USA bestellt und bereue es bis heute nicht.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen